FC Barcelona and their sporting director Mateu Alemany are looking to offload up to 11 players this summer, according to reports.
On Monday, the Blaugrana were again warned by La Liga president Javier Tebas that they must reduce their wage bill by at least €200mn ($213.2mn) ahead of next season.
With such things in mind, El Nacional claims that Alemany could put up to 11 current first team stars on the chopping block.
Four of them are outcasts currently playing their football elsewhere on loan. Sergino Dest, Clement Lenglet, Samuel Umtiti and Alex Collado have all failed to impress Xavi Hernandez, though there may be some issues with the clubs they are temporarily at making their moves permanent.
Of those whose contracts are running down, Inaki Pena should move on. Xavi is said to be happy with his attitude and hard work in training, but the 23-year-old is pondering where he might be able to gain first team football.
Jordi Alba is on the books until 2024, and though he has shown a willingness to reduce his take home pay, the size of his salary makes him a likely candidate to try and push out of the Camp Nou door.
Eric Garcia is surplus to requirements as Xavi’s fourth choice defender, and selling him would be pure profit for Barca considering he arrived on a free from Manchester City in 2021.
The same logic applies to 2022 acquisition Franck Kessie, who the Catalans paid nothing for when his AC Milan contract expired. The Ivorian has had problems adapting in Spain despite an increase in minutes lately.
Three players who could bring in big money are found on the wings. They are namely Ferran Torres and Raphinha – who both cost around €55mn ($58.5mn) in the winter and summer windows last year – and Ansu Fati.
Of the trio, Raphinha is currently putting together the best form. On Sunday, though, he was MVP in a rare start given to him by Xavi against Cadiz.
Less impressive in the 2-0 win was Fati, who left the pitch angrily after being substituted. The 20-year-old said in an interview on Monday that he wishes to stay at Barca for many years to come with a contract that runs until 2027, but he could bring in anything from €70-100mn ($74.6-106mn) in the Premier
Aside from the loanees and Pena, Eric Garcia and Kessie seem most likely to be moved on with Barca possibly tempted if big money offers are put on the table for Torres or Fati.
#Players #Barcelona #Reportedly #Sell #Summer